Sunday, March 31, 2013

Deviled Eggs

Getting ready for Easter dinner and every year everyone seems to love eating deviled eggs. So this year I gave them a try, which was pretty scary because usually only my mom makes them, haha. They turned out pretty dang good though!

In a large pot boil water and carefully add in your eggs so you don't crack the shell. Boil for about 10-12 minutes...
When the eggs are done, place them in an ice bath...
Let the eggs fully cool before taking the shell off... (I always crack my shells on top of a dish towel so I don't break the egg completely)
Cut all the eggs in half...
Remove all the centers into a separate bowl and crush with a pie cutter...
Now you can add in all the ingredients... 1/4 cup of mayonnaise (I used the extra virgin olive oil kind)
 1 teaspoon yellow mustard...
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard...
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard...
Cracked black pepper to taste...
Garlic salt to taste...
Mix it all together until its well mixed and add it into a piping bag or sandwich baggy and cut the tip...
Pipe it into the eggs...
Sprinkle with paprika... Cover, and let sit in the fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment