Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bananas Foster

I was in the mood for something sweet and didn't feel like taking hours to make something. Looked around at what I had in the kitchen and decided on bananas foster!
Start by slicing your banana at a diagonal (I only used half the recipe because I was only making desert for two)
Then melt half a stick of butter in a medium low skillet...
Chop up 1/4 cup of pecans...
Add 1/2 cup of brown sugar to the melted butter and cook for about 2 minutes...
Then mix in 1/4 cup of heavy cream...
Drop in the bananas and carefully stir so you don't break them apart...
Sprinkle in the pecans...
Measure out 1/4 cup of spiced rum...
Here comes the fun part, add in the rum...
And VERY carefully with a long tip lighter.... light a flame! I think it looks pretty dang cool. It should burn out in about 20 or so seconds.... Once it goes out, scoop vanilla ice cream into a dish and drizzle this amazing goodness over the top... ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment