Monday, March 25, 2013

BBQ Whiskey Burgers

I don't think I've ever had bbq sauce on something and not liked the combo but one of my favorite things to put bbq sauce on is burgers! So tonight I decided to make them with a little bit of spice and a little but of whiskey attitude.
I didn't have fresh rolls, so I started by putting dough in cup cake tins...
Cover with saran wrap and let rise for about 3 hours...
Look at how much these babies puffed up! I get a little excited sometimes... turn the oven onto 350 and let bake on a cookie sheet for about 15 minutes! Now you can begin the burgers...
Throw your burger meat in a glass bowl and add some salt and pepper to taste... (I'm only making 2 burgers so I'm using about 1/2 llb however I'm making enough "sauce" for about 6 so I'm saving it for another night)
Form your meat into patties...
Place the patties in a medium heat skillet with some olive oil and a little butter to make them have a beautiful golden brown to the outside...
While you wait chop up about 1/2 and onion...
And some jarred jalapeno... about 1 tablespoon...
Flip the burgers...
Cook through and remove onto a plate for later...
Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the grease and bits...
Lower the heat to about medium low and throw in the chopped onions...
Measure out 1/4 cup of Jack Daniels (I used the honey version)
Add it in with onions...
While the whiskey cooks, measure out 1/2 cup of bbq sauce...
Add in the chopped jalapenos...
Sprinkle in 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes and add in the bbq sauce... stir around and place the burgers back in the pan...
Pull out the rolls, slice in half, and place the gooey amazing burgers on top... ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Leave it to you to make whiskey sound delish to me ;)

    ReplyDelete