Thursday, October 3, 2013

Veggie & Chicken Wild Rice Soup

When I saw on the news that there was supposed to be SNOW, I had to make soup fast, haha. I was originally thinking chicken noodle, but then thought to myself it was time to change it up a little with something different. I think I made the right choice!

Start by adding 6 oz of wild rice into a high heat pot
Then add in 1 1/2 cups water. When it comes to a boil, turn to low and cover.
In a large pot add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
Chop up 2 stalks of celery
And about 1 1/2 cups of fresh mushrooms
Throw in with the butter on medium heat for about 5 minutes
While you wait chop up small red potatoes (I cut each potato into about 8 pieces)
Throw in with the mushrooms and celery
Now pour in 29 oz of low sodium chicken broth
Crack in some fresh black pepper. Bring to a boil
While you wait shred about 1 1/2 cups of cooked chicken. I used left over roasted chicken but you could surely use some freshly cooked chicken with minimal seasoning. Once the soup is at a boil throw in the chicken.
And one cup of heavy whipping cream
And finally the cooked wild rice! Stir it all together and let simmer for another 10 minutes or so. Enjoy nice and warm!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment