Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Tex Mex Corn & Bean Salsa

As I've said before, I love salsa! After the success of my last zucchini salsa I wanted to try another unique twist on salsa! Black eyed peas! The smells and the colors of this dip draw you in and the taste makes you stay!

Start by add 1 can of drained black eyed peas to a large bowl.
Then chop up 1 1/2 cups of fresh tomatoes (about two medium sized)
1 11oz can of drained white shoepeg corn
1/3 cup of thinly sliced green onion
3 tablespoons of diced green chilies (I used ho to kick it up a bit!)
2 tablespoons of white vinegar
1/2 of a fresh medium sized jalapeƱo (I gutted the insides since I used hot chilies)
A couple tablespoons of freshly chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregono
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
And finally 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Give it all a good stir and store in air tight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment