Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Crunchy Peanut Butter Cocoa Squares

Lately I have had a sweet tooth so I wanted to make something that combined my two favorites, chocolate and peanut butter! I came across a recipe that was similar to a rice crispie and decided to change up the recipe a little bit and try it out! My mouth is already watering, hehe. (They might not look the prettiest... but man are the melt in your mouth good!)

Start by turning a pot onto medium heat and adding in 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
Then pour in 1/2 a cup of light corn syrup and stir together until it comes to a boil
Pull off the heat and add in 1 tablespoon of butter...
1/8 of a cup of cocoa powder...
And 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter... (I was thinking after crunchy peanut butter would be good too, would add in more crunch. But the original recipe called for peanut butter chips)
Once the mixture is creamy add in 3 cups of rice cereal and stir until well coated. Dump into a sprayed square baking dish and flatten out with a spatula. Let harden, cut into square, and enjoy! YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment