Sunday, February 24, 2013

Panchetta & Leek Pasta

As I've said several times, I love onions! I saw this recipe for a leek pasta dish and I had to give it a try. I'm glad I did because it turned out so creamy and delicious. I love it!


Start out by browning 4 ounces of panchetta in a pan. Once it has browned remove from pan and place on a plate to set aside.
Then chop up 2 leeks
Add the chopped leeks into a bowl of cold water and stir around. This gets any of the dirt that can sometimes get caught in the leeks off.
While the leeks soak for a few minutes, add your bow tie past into boiling water. About 12 ounces of pasta
Drain your leeks and add them into the same pan you used to brown the panchetta. Let sweat like you would an onion and stir around so they don't stick to the pan.
Add in a tablespoon of butter and stir around.
Once the leeks have cooked, and the butter has melted, add the panchetta back into the pan. Give it a stir.
Pour in 1/2 cup of dry white wine and let it cook off
While you let the wine cook off, shred some fresh parmesean cheese
Once the wine has cooked off, pour in 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Stir around
Drain the pasta...
Dump your parmesean into the sauce...
Crack in some salt to taste...
Along with some cracked black pepper. Stir around. Mix in the pasta and serve warm. Shave some more parmesean if you desire. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment