Sunday, April 7, 2013

Homemade Salsa

One of my all time favorite snacks is chips and salsa. I love the freshness and all the combined flavors to give heat, texture, and flavor on the end of your chip! Today when I went to pull some out the fridge, I was out! So I decided to whip up a batch. Just a fair warning, this recipe makes a LOT! Around two large mason jars.
Begin by chopping all your fresh vegetables.... Start with 1 jalapeno...
1/4 cup of yellow onion...
1 clove of garlic...
1/2 cup fresh cilantro...
Throw it all in the food processor and squeeze in 1/2 a lime...
Now your spices... 1/2 teaspoon sugar...
1/2 teaspoon salt...
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin...
1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes and chilies hot...
1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes and chilies mild...
Finally... 1 large can of whole tomatoes with juice... Blend until it's to your desired texture. I like mine pretty fine but you may like yours more chunky. ENJOY!!! Keep in jars in the fridge for up to two-three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment