Thursday, January 17, 2013

"Prairie Sushi"


I've noticed I've been lacking on my blog so I decided to blog my dinner today. I've been on the special k diet but I am aloud to eat a normal dinner with this diet so I guess I will just double blog. This one is for you Megan, haha.
I wanted to have something with fresh veggies and herbs and I recently saw this "Prairie Sushi" and deicded to give it my own twist.

First start out by adding 8 ounces of softened cream cheese. (I used light cream cheese)
Add in one tablespoon of chopped chives... (I love green onion so I used a heaping tablespoon, haha)
Chop one tablespoon of fresh basil...mmmm I love the smell of fresh basil!
Next, chop one tablespoon of fresh flat leaf parsley
Now add in your chopped parsley & basil along with a pinch of cracked sea salt...
and some fresh cracked black pepper to taste!
Squeeze in a little lime juice or lemon juice, which ever you have. (I used lime)
Mix well with a spatula until creamed together.
Spread some of your cream cheese mixture onto a small taco sized tortilla...
Here's where you can really put in whatever you would like. In mine I started with about two pieces of honey ham...
Followed by some jenny-o turkey...
Cut some cheddar cheese into strips and place on top...
Slice some red pepper into small strips...
And finally slice some romaine lettuce into small strips and place the peppers and lettuce on top of the cheese.
Wrap the tortilla tightly into saran wrap and place in the refrigerator for about an hour or until ready to eat/serve. When your ready take out of the wrap and cut into four equal parts. Set up on their sides and you have prairie sushi! Enjoy! (For anyone counting calories like me... this wrap is around 275 calories)







1 comment:

  1. Delish!!!! Thank you. It would only be better if I could taste it ;)

    ReplyDelete