Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sweet & Salty Cookies

Pin It!
One of my favorite candy bars is a chocolate bar with sea salt in it. I just love the sweet and salty, haha. And I love eating a chocolate chip cookie and having a few salty potato chips with it at the same time... so when I came across this recipe I just had to try it!



I did like any basic cookie recipe, and creamed together the sugar and crisco. Then adding in the eggs and vanilla.
Then in a separate bowl I whisked together the flour, baking soda, and coarse salt. Adding into the mixing bowl a cup at a time while it mixed at a low speed.
In a small bowl add in a little more than two cups of potato chip and crunch to small pieces. When the dough is ready hand mix in the two cups of potato chips and chocolate chips. (The recipe called for nuts but my addiction to chocolate made me want to substitute the nuts for chocolate!)
Now that the cookie dough is complete roll into small bowls and roll in the remaining two cups of crunched potato chips. Place on cookie sheet and put in a 350 degree oven for 12-14 minutes or until golden! Enjoy!
The recipe came from:
Martha Stewart Living: July 2012 Potato Chip Cookies

 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (I used one cup crisco)
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
4 cups coarsely crushed salted potato chips (divided)
1 cup pecans toasted (I used dark chocolate chips)

 1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat together butter and sugars with a mixer on high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs, and beat on medium speed until just combined.
2. Add flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat on low speed until just combined (I combined the dry ingredients first before adding to the wet). Stir in 2 cups potato chips and the nuts.
3. Roll dough into 2-inch balls, and then roll balls in remaining potato chips to coat. Place cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes. (This I found was too long so I put in for 12 minutes!)Let cool completely on baking sheet. Cookies can be stored in an air tight container up to 5 days.

2 comments:

  1. Where is the recipe!?!?!?! You got my mouth watering.....
    Loving the Blog!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added it up for you lol. You need to try them. Luckily I have people to eat them all up for me so I don't have to, haha

    ReplyDelete