Tuesday, July 31, 2012

S'mores From Scratch

Pin It!

Flipping through a magazine I found a recipe for home made graham crackers. I don't think that I have even thought of how they were made. The idea almost seemed too crazy to try but I knew I had to do it! So then we made them into S'mores! Yum!
The recipe called for toasted wheat germ. Being that I only had raw wheat germ, my first step was toasting it in a skillet at medium heat...
Then in a mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients: toasted wheat germ, wheat flour, all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. (I added more than the recipe called for).
In the mixer cream together the butter, sugar, and honey...
You want the mixture to be light and creamy...
Once it's creamed add in the dry mixture. When I got to this point the mixture was REALLY dry, so I decided to add in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Then divide the dough in half and roll out each half and refrigerate.
Once it is done being in the refrigerator, cut half the dough with squares with no hole and half the dough with squares with holes...
I sprinkled my cut outs with cinnamon and sugar. Bake in the oven, half way through the bake time flip the crackers over and bake for the remaining time. Once the crackers are done I placed my crackers with chocolate and marshmallows on my s'more rack to complete the s'more! Make into sandwich and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment