Monday, July 30, 2012

Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies

Pin It!

I have been getting a lot of fresh zucchini and was running out of ideas of what to do with it. I searched from something I haven't tried before and came accross a recipe for zucchini cake brownies. I decided to change the recipe a little... this is what I came up with! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Start by creaming together oil, vanilla, and sugar...
Once it is well combined, slowly add in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. After it is combined you might think that you've done something wrong because the texture is like dry cookie dough... Just wait! Everything will turn out. Chop some fresh zucchini into cubes and finely shred in the food processor.

Then measure it out and add in 2 cups of the zucchini into the mixing bowl. (I did heaping cups just for more moisture and flavor).

The recipe called for walnuts and I decided to just step of the chocolatey taste by adding chocolate chips instead!
Once you have the chips all mixed in, spread the batter into a sprayed 9x13 baking dish...

Place in the oven and enjoy! Sprinkle on some added confectioners sugar for that extra sweetness!

The original recipe came from:
All Recipes.com - Zucchini Brownies by Marian

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded zucchini (I did heaping cups so probably close to 2 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I added in one cup chocolate chips instead)

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Fold in the zucchini and walnuts. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
  3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies spring back when gently touched.

1 comment:

  1. 1- I would enjoy them if we lived closer ;) Its a bummer that the next time I will be around is for the wedding, much too much going on to be whipping up desserts
    2 - that zucchini is HUGE. Where did you get that?

    ReplyDelete