Thursday, June 28, 2012

Kabobs and Spanish Rice

Pin It!
Summer time is a great time for grilling veggies and meat. I thought what better way then to combine them into a kabob with a side of rice! I've never made spanish rice before but I thought what better time then now to give it a try!


Before I started anything I filled a dish with water to soak the skewers in to prevent burning. Then I started cutting the vegetables and peeling the potatoes before cutting up the meat.

The sausage that I decided to use was spicey italian so it didn't really need anything added. The chicken needed something for flavor! I wanted to make it a little spicey so after I cubed it I added in a little oil, paprika, chili powder, black pepper, and cummin. I stirred it all up and let it sit for a few minutes to marinate.

Now that the chicken was ready and the skewers had sat in the water for a little while, I put all the veggies and meat on the skewers and put them on baking pans to go in the oven at 350 degress.
While the kabobs were in the oven I started the rice. To begin I put the oil in the pan and some chopped the  onions. After the onions were ready I added in the white rice. Stirring constantly until it began to brown. That's when I added in the chicken broth, tomatoes, pepper, chili powder, and tobasco sauce for extra heat. Put the lid on and let the steam cook the rice!

By the time the rice was done cooking, the kabobs were done and ready! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love the zebra dishes. Looks yummy! I think you are inspiring me ;)

    ReplyDelete