Wednesday, July 23, 2014

French Toast Breakfast Muffins

It's not too often that I get up earlier enough to make breakfast, feed the animals and finish all my morning chores... But when I do, oh man is it worth it! French toast is one of my favorites and this morning I threw in a little twist!

Add 2 cups of flour to a mixing bowl.
Along with 1/4 cup of white sugar.
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
1/2 a teaspoon of ground nutmeg. And just a pinch of salt. Mix together. Set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, add 1 cup of buttermilk.
1 teaspoon maple extract.
2 eggs
Finally, a 1/4 cup of melted butter.
Mix together.
Create a well in the center of the dry mixture.
Pour the wet mixture into the well.
Mix until combined.
Scoop into greased mini muffin tin, and bake until toothpick comes out clean. About 8 minutes.
Remove to rack and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup dipping sauce. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment