Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Chicken Noodle & Rice Soup

It has been starting to get pretty dang cold up here at the new house and I thought what better way to warm up then some of my chicken noodle soup!

First, begin by chopping up all your fresh vegetables. I started with the celery. (I used about 1 1/2 stalks)
Next, chop up some yellow onion. (I used about half of a small onion)
Then I chopped up one large carrot...
Turn your stove onto medium heat and add in about a tablespoon and a half of extra virgin olive oil.
 Throw in all the vegetables and let them cook for about five minutes stirring constantly so not to stick to the bottom of the pan.
 Then add in about three cups of water with three chicken bouillon cubes.
 Sprinkle in about a tablespoon of parsley...
 And half a cup of frozen corn...
 Crack in some fresh black pepper...
 About a cup of cooked white rice...
 A cup to a cup 1/2 of egg noodles...
 Some cooked torn apart chicken...
And finally a can of chicken broth. Now let it all simmer in the pot for about an hour to two hours and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love me some chicken noodle soup! Miss you......so does my tummy.

    ReplyDelete