Friday, August 3, 2012

Creamy Soy Nut Peanut Butter

Pin It!

As I was sitting at the table enjoying my homemade jelly, I thought it just wasn't right to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich unless I made the peanut butter too! I wanted something fresh and delicious. I looked through MANY peanut butter recipes and decided to go down the soy nut route because it had both peanuts and soy nuts. I think I made the right choice! Delish!

After grabbing the ingredients for the recipe I picked out I thought that I should add in some sugar as well. So I grabbed the natural cane sugar too. My soy nuts and peanuts were both roasted and salted so rinsed both off in cold water...

Once the nuts are both rinsed and mostly dry, add to the food processor...
Add in honey and extra virgin olive oil...

Sprinkle in some sugar...

And begin pulsing the puree on the food processor...

Drizzle a little more olive oil and honey if you want the peanut butter to be even creamier! Now go make yourself a truly homemade pb&j!

The original recipe came from:
allrecipes.com - Soy-Peanut Butter by Jean Carper

2 cups roasted peanuts
1 1/2 cups roasted soy beans
3 tablespoons honey (I used 4 1/2 tablespoons)
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I used 7 tablespoons)
2 tablespoons natural cane sugar (optional)

1. Place all ingredients in a food processor with the knife blade; process 3 to 4 minutes. Add more oil for a smoother spread, less for a crunchier spread.
(I started by rinsing my nuts free of salt. I also added in additional honey and oil to make more creamer. Lastly, I added in some natural cane sugar to sweeten the peanut butter)

No comments:

Post a Comment