Friday, September 5, 2014

Yam Hash

I bought some yams at the market and was trying to think of something delicious to make with them. I love love love fried potato hash so I thought I would try to recreate that with yams instead. I think it was a success!
Chop 1 medium yam into cubes and throw into a medium heat skillet
Drizzle in about 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
While you wait for the yams to become tender, chop about 1/4 cup of yellow onion. Set aside
Crack in about 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
Along with about 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Chop up one green onion. Set aside
When the yams are almost tender, throw in the onions.
And press in 1 large garlic clove. Sauté until onions are translucent. Remove from heat, sprinkle with green onions and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment