Thursday, September 4, 2014

Tuna Salad Sliders

So for the past couple of weeks I've gone paleo. It's actually been a great experience to step outside my box and try some new things! However, all I have been craving is some delicious tuna salad. There's a place in south padre island Texas called Yummie's that makes the BEST tuna salad. So today I tried to recreate that! And with the help of my friend Jess, I think I got the job done. 
Start out by chopping one stalk of celery, and throw into a mixing bowl.
Then halve a handful of red seedless grapes.
And about 1/2 of a green apple skinned.
And finally chop a handful of walnuts
Now trying to stick with paleo, I had to search the shelves for some all natural paleo friendly mayo.
Squirt in about 3 tablespoons 
Along with a couple cracks of fresh black pepper
And maybe about a tablespoon of yellow mustard. 
And finally the star of it all the albacore organic tuna! Stir it all together and let chill for about an hour. Serve on a rib of lettuce or some delicious bread if your not going paleo! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment