Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sfogliatelle

Pin It!


Talking in the kitchen with my mom and dad about my trip in Italy and the delicious deserts I was so lucky to try while there, I couldn't stop thinking about the mouth watering Sfogliatelle. So I looked in some cookbooks and watched a few videos and decided I would give it a whirl.



It took me a while, but I finally found the flour needed for the recipe and so the process began. 


The recipie instructions were to put the dough in the blender however, I decided to go against my better judgment and use a dough cutter and my hands. The dough stayed moist and well put together and I threw it in the fridge while I started on the filling.
It didn't take long for the filling to start to thicken on the stove and became the thickness of a creamy Alfredo sauce. Taking it off the heat and letting it cool, I used this time to conquer some of the dishes! 
I decided to go ahead and throw the remaining ingredients in the kitchen aid and blend it all together which the whisk head. It became the thickness of a whip cream minus the peaks. Now for the tough part! Rolling out the dough!


It is easier to work with the dough after you have played with it in your hands for a few minutes but I have found it easier to mold the rolls into the cup when they have cooled down so after I rolled the log I put the cut pieces into the fridge for a few minutes before I molded them.


Added the filling with a small spoon and creased the edges pulling up at the corners to create the final product. Now for the last step of cooking them and getting to take a bite!!

Finally after many hours of prep time!!! I finally get to enjoy my first home made sfogliatelle!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment