Thursday, May 31, 2012

Couscous Stuffed Peppers with Goat Cheese

Pin It!

Wanting to make something semi healthy but full of flavor for dinner I looked in the fridge to see what I had. Not wanting my peppers to go bad I decided that I wanted to stuff them with something... Somehow I came up with some sort of a couscous base. So the couscous stuffed peppers with goat cheese was formed!

Wanting to step up the boring flavor of couscous with more than just chicken broth I decided to add in some cinnamon and cumin along with some fresh cracked black pepper. Adding in some fresh cut onion and grated carrot I sauteed the vegetables with some extra virgin olive oil in the pan before adding in the uncooked couscous.
While the boiling broth steamed the couscous in the bowl I cut and gutted the baby peppers. I couldn't wait to get them under the broiler so the house could smell of red and yellow peppers! 
Quick to take the plastic wrap off the couscous and just at the right time too! Phew! The vegetables had moved to the top so I stirred up everything in the bowl and added in some black pepper. Nice and fluffy! 
As I was stirring up the bowl I could tell the peppers were ready to be flipped as the kitchen started to smell of the sweet red pepper! Now all that's left is the stuffing! Switching stuffing cheese to couscous to cheese and ending with couscous. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment