Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Gluten Free Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and Noodles

After hearing the news that I'm allergic to gluten and wheat I have found a new love in the kitchen for re working some of my favorite foods! Tonight I decided to try some of the new pastas I bought. I also was in the mood for red peppers... So this is what I came up with, hope you enjoy!
Start out by boiling some water so you can cook your noodles. I'm going to use these penne noodles but you can use any kind you like!
Here is the delicious bad boys that inspired this whole dish!!
Okay start out by throwing a little butter into a pan to sauté some vegetables...
Next, chop up 2 cloves of garlic...
And about half a yellow onion...
Throw them into the pan with the butter and cook for about 3 minutes.
While you wait give about half a jar of roasted red peppers a rough chop...
Let it cook for about two minutes or so and then throw it all into a food processor. I wanted my sauce to have some rough texture so I didn't completely  purée it.
Once it is to your liking add it back into your pan with a little olive oil.
Pour in about 1/4 cup of milk (I used 1%, you could use rice milk or cream too!)
Sprinkle in a little black pepper...
A little sea salt...
Some parsley...
Some basil...
And finally some freshly grated Parmesan cheese! Give it a stir and let cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Garnish with some more cheese if desired! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment